Arabian Enterprise Incubators (AEI) has a vacancy for an LMS (Learning Management System) IT Administrator to support the Saudi operations of Virtual College.
Virtual College is a client of AEI and requires a dedicated member of the AEI team to manage and support their activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia particularly in assisting the Project Ambassador and working alongside the Courseware Developer and Technical Author as well as other Project staff.
With nearly 2 million online learners, Virtual College is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK. For over twenty years, Virtual College (VC) has provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Unlike many other e-learning providers, VC training extends to actual programme/qualification creation and delivery – resulting in a unique blended solution.
The job will be based at offices in Riyadh and as a member of the Virtual College office the LMS administrator will be required to manage the LMS and assist the Project Ambassador / IT Manager primarily on an administrative level. Any successful applicant will be fluent in both Arabic and English.
The responsibilities listed below outline the main duties of the post.
Because of Virtual College’s dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time-to-time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
The applicant must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Fluent Arabic and English speaker.
- Great teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable but not essential.
- IT literate.
- Highly technically minded.
- Experience of using and administering office software systems.
- May have an ITIL qualification but not essential.
- Ability to diagnose an IT user issue.
- Ability to solve basic IT related questions on internal office systems.
- Confidence to know when to accelerate a system issue and when to be able to manage in-house.
Training and Coaching Skills
- Ability to train / coach others in the use of office IT systems.
- Experience of supporting colleagues with questions and queries in relation to office IT systems.
- Able to explain systems and steps clearly at the appropriate pace / level of knowledge for the user.
Work Skills and Ethics
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet delivery times.
- Completes tasks on time and to agreed standards.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting workloads.
- Flexible (range of tasks, work time) focus on getting the job effectively completed.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
LMS Access and Usage
- Organising and managing user access and security.
- Management of the courseware content hierarchy and structure.
- Management of the trade structure hierarchy and course requirements per trade.
- Population of student training records within the LMS.
- Support with the conversion of courseware to SCORM and the loading on to the LMS.
- Support and guidance to the instructors in the production of SCORM compatible courseware using Articulate; Storyline in support of instructor needs.
- To keep up to date with the latest LMS market developments, and through the LMS subcontractor staff, provide appropriate thought leadership with regards to LMS current and future development.
- To manually capture course results which cannot be automatically uploaded within the LMS i.e. IP courses.
- Ensure that all pamphlets are SCORM wrapped and loaded onto the LMS.
LMS Maintenance and Back up
- Maintaining and backing up the LMS in-line with the defined processes.
Providing a Service Support Desk for Users
- Responding to Service Desk requests for LMS support in-line with the defined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Development and management of reports to meet the requirements of the Prime Contractor.
- Providing reports to senior management at within defined timescales.
Training and Coaching
- Provide basic user training to LMS users prior to course commencement.
- Supporting interface activities between the other organisation systems.
The initial contract would be for one year with a 90 day probation period. Salary will be competitive and based on experience. Medical insurance, accommodation allowance and transport allowance will be included.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV under a covering email with the subject heading Virtual College LMS IT Administrator stating approximate salary expectation and explaining why they are suitable for this role to [email protected].
Note: CVs received without the correct subject heading may not be automatically entered into the correct application process. Only those invited to interview will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 27/01/2015.