Arabian Enterprise Incubators (AEI) has a vacancy for a Regional Business Development Manager (Industry & Water Treatment) to specifically support the Saudi Arabian domain of Aliaxis Building Solutions, a fluid handling systems manufacturer and distirbutor.
Aliaxis is a client of AEI and requires a dedicated member of the AEI team to manage and support their activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia particularly in relation to growing business through developing relationships with the Saudi market clients and distributors.
The Aliaxis Gulf offices located Dubai and Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are responsible to develop specifications for Aliaxis brands and create demand for Aliaxis building and industry and utilities solutions.The Regional Business Development Manager – Industry & Water Treatment will be responsible for calling on Consultants, Engineers, Contracting companies, Ministries, Projects, Water Companies and distributors located within the Gulf to develop specifications for Aliaxis brands and especially create demand for the Water Treatment solutions and product portfolio, consisting of brands as FIP, Friatec, Straub, IPEX or Durapipe.The Regional Business Development Manager – Industry & Water Treatment will work, next to the local team, also closely with the Export Managers of the different European companies, as well as with the Aliaxis group Industry & Utilities team in Brussels within a matrix organization. Locally he will support distributors and ensure they are following up on specification and sales opportunities that have been created or potentially offering our solutions directly to projects. The Regional Business Development Manager – Industry & Water Treatment will gain an in depth knowledge of the market, competition and product ranges and is a key person further defining the strategy and approach for this new local segment, where business development plays in the early beginning an important role.
The job will initially be based at AEI’s Head Quarters in Riyadh but requires a high degree of flexible working and the candidate is expected to be travelling much of the time. Main duties will be as follows:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Track projects and visit Consultants, Engineers, Contracting companies, Water Companies, Ministries and Project owners to increase the level of Aliaxis Industry & Utilities and especially FIP, Friatec, Straub, Durapipe and IPEX specifications and approvals.
• Coordinate specification and sales opportunities with the supplying units export managers, as well as the Aliaxis group global project manager, and the local distributors and assist them to secure orders with local contractors when appropriate.
• Consult and potentially suggest / design solutions out of the Aliaxis Industry & Utilities product portfolio for end customers (e.g. water treatment plants).
• Train, educate and support all stakeholders and local Aliaxis distributors sales and specification teams, as well as customers, as needed.
• Participate in local and regional trade shows.
• Provide market intelligence to Aliaxis regarding competitor activity, market trends, building specific habits, large projects, new product ideas and new specifications to Marketing and Export Managers of Aliaxis companies.
• Collaborate regularly with all local colleagues, Aliaxis Export Managers and local Management to achieve strategies, goals and create cross-selling opportunities.
• Submit written reports in accordance with the requirements of the business.
2018 provisional objectives
• To establish relationships with key local, Aliaxis group and Aliaxis personnel from the supplying companies.
• Undertake training, in the UAE and Europe to become fully familiar with the Group’s ranges of industry & utilities products, with a special focus on water treatment solutions.
• To review Aliaxis Industry & Utilities and especially FIP and Friatec ranges and make recommendations for any necessary enhancements, range additions, literature amendments.
• To establish relationships with Consultants, Engineers, Contracting companies, Ministries and Project owners, as well as local distributors sales and specification teams in the KSA and the Gulf.
• To become fully active in the market making all necessary specification and customer visits.
• To further define, with the local and global management, the strategy and approach for this new local segment in terms of product portfolio, route-to-market, marketing, further investments, etc.
• Subject to satisfactory completion of the first objectives, to expand activities to the wider Gulf region, as well as to other Aliaxis product ranges and brands with particular specification and sales objectives.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Mechanical engineering degree is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry, e.g. as project engineer, for the government or an engineering company or water treatment company, calling on projects, consultants and contractors, as well as working with water companies and the process of approvals for water treatment related plastics pipes and fittings, as well as valves products.
• Exceptional presentation and organizational skills.
• Good English language skills (written and spoken). Arab language skills would be a plus.
• KSA Driving license
• Prior experience (market, customer and competitor knowledge) in the industry & utilities sector is essential. Experience in the water treatment segment a plus.
• The position is open to all nationalities, however restricted to KSA labor and visa & working regulations.
Key Attractions of the Position
• Working with a leading global Manufacturer and Distributor and be part of an international team of World class professionals.
• Working closely with the major players in the Gulf and colleagues in Europe.
• An opportunity to make an instant impact and develop business in the Gulf and the rest of the MEA region.
The initial contract would be for one year with a 90 day probation period. Salary will be competitive and based on experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV under a covering email with the subject heading Aliaxis Building Solutions – Regional Business Development Manager – Industry & Water Treatment stating approximate salary expectation and explaining why they are suitable for this role to [email protected].
Note: CVs received without the correct subject heading may not be automatically entered into the correct application process.
The closing date for applications is 14 April 2018.
Note: Only those invited to interview will be contacted.