Arabian Enterprise Incubators (AEI) has a vacancy for a Market Development Director to support the Saudi operations of EC English. EC English is a client of AEI and requires a dedicated member of the AEI team to manage and support their activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
EC English are a provider of English training and education services. This post holder will implement and develop EC’s strategy for revenue growth from the Saudi Arabian market. This will involve a multi-channel approach which encompasses the B2G, corporate and traditional ‘agent’ sectors. A major focus of the role will be the generation of new revenue streams from ‘in-country’ English language delivery.
The applicant must have all the following characteristics:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or above.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent written English skills.
- Experience designing and delivering training solutions to Saudi government and corporate sectors.
- Experience of high level Saudi client Account management.
- A minimum of 2 years living and working in a professional environment within Saudi Arabia.
- Track record of having met revenue targets.
It is desirable for the applicant to also have the following characteristics:
- MBA or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Experience of Saudi Arabia’s English language training sector.
- Knowledge of English language travel sector.
- Account manage designated B2G and agent partner accounts.
- Win new B2G contracts for both ‘in kingdom’ and overseas delivery by writing compelling bids and business proposals.
- Source and validate potential strategic partners.
- Manage a selection of agent accounts.
- Work closely with account managers within the MENART sales team.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the ‘in kingdom’ English language training sector.
- Manage the EC office and relationship with our local sponsor AEI.
- Organize schedules of training & promotional events for EC’s network of agents/partners.
- Achieve enrolment targets within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Develop sales and marketing plans for each designated market segment and ensure they are implemented efficiently.
- Provide proactive support to the Finance team in order to facilitate the management of KSA debtors.
- Liaise closely with Admissions and EC Centres to ensure optimum customer service levels.
- Troubleshoot as required.
- Write effective, well-researched, reports for senior management on the changing competitive landscape pf the English language training sector.
We love what we do
We are passionate about our work, and the positive impact it has on the lives of our students.
We go the extra mile
We strive to exceed expectations in everything we do.
We have a can-do mindset
We embrace challenges and turn them into new opportunities. We believe that if you dream big, work hard and are true to yourself and others, anything is possible.
We deliver what we promise
We always act with honesty and integrity, to earn the trust of those we work with, and through genuine commitment to our purpose.
Manages sales accounts in a manner that ensures that customer needs are understood and met. Builds relationships with key decision makers while showing respect for each and every person in a customer organization. Expands sales within existing accounts and keeps track of account activities in order to respond to new developments and changes. This is in contrast to those who are unaware of customer needs; are unsuccessful at building relationships with key decision-makers; treat some individuals in a discourteous or disrespectful manner; are unsuccessful at expanding sales within existing accounts; and/or are frequently unaware of account activity that could trigger a customer contact and,
consequently, miss opportunities for the business.
Comes across as confident and well-prepared when making group presentations. Makes effective use of visual aids or presentation software and looks at ease while handling questions from the audience. His/her presentations hold the audience’s attention and tend to be the right length for the amount of information covered. This is in contrast to those who appear unprepared, attempt to cover too much material, use jargon or visual aids that fail to augment the presentation or come across as ill at ease when addressing questions from the audience.
Meets or exceeds sales goals while selling an appropriate product mix. The product mix sold reflects both a broad knowledge of the product line as well as successful efforts to educate customers or prospects. This is quite different from those who frequently fail to meet or exceed sales goals, who have a very limited knowledge of product line features and benefits, and/or who neglect to explore customer needs broadly enough to open up productive discussions about their interest in purchasing a broader range of items.
Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive ways to make an impact. Demonstrates this characteristic when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, capitalizing on new business opportunities, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission. This is in contrast to those who fail to notice opportunities, wait to be asked or instructed before taking action, seldom offer new ideas or express reservations about taking on additional responsibilities.
Relationship Building / Networking
Builds rapport and develops alliances with a broad range of people. Adjusts communication style to meet the needs of individuals at various organizational levels and to meet the needs of clients. Forms alliances by demonstrating concern and respect for others, as well as by highlighting common interests and aspirations. Leave others feeling that he/she will be a trusted ally and is careful to act in ways that reinforce that trust over time. This is in contrast with the behavior of individuals who tend to interact with a relatively narrow range of people or who fail to adjust their communication styles to accommodate others. It is also quite different than behavior that leaves the impression that the person is seeking to advance his/her own narrow agendas and interests.
The initial contract will be for one year with a 90 day probation period. Salary will be competitive and based on experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV under a covering email with the subject heading EC English Market Development Director stating approximate salary expectation and explaining why they are suitable for this role to [email protected].
Note: CVs received without the correct subject heading may not be automatically entered into the correct application process.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 29/08/2015.